Sunday, January 27, 2013

California (August 5th-11th)

Some call it crazy, I call it adventurous! When Evy was less than 3 weeks old we went on an Aegerter Fam road trip to California. Thinking back it was a bit crazy, but I wouldn't change it. Although, I think we will take it easy for a few weeks with the next baby.

 First stop: CAMPING in Yosemite. We met up with my Dad's cousin and her family. Does that make them our second cousins? I always forget! We had a great time hiking and enjoying the scenery. I got very creative when it was time to feed Evy - I could often, about every 2 hours, be found hiding in the bushes, peeking under my nursing cover, a layer of clothing here and a layer there. Evy and I slept in the back of our 4Runner and the rest of the crew stayed in tents. It was not the most comfortable post-partum sleeping arrangement, but I didn't care for ONE second. The nights were our alone time to snuggle and bond and do most everything, but sleep. ;) The first of our many mommy/daughter sleepovers! No boys allowed! (Truth be told, we did miss Daddy - a little!)

Clark doing crazy flips off of the cliff! 

Brett taking his turn (minus the flips - I threatened him with the "you're a dad now" lecture.)
 Spectators! 


 Sitting around the campfire with my baby bear!
 Mom did some amazing dutchoven cooking! We were well fed!

 Evy's cousins were so sweet with her!
 Half Dome
 Uncle John taking his turn holding Evy. 

Second stop: The beach in Santa Cruz. Woohoo! This part of the trip was a bit more relaxing, but I was bummed I couldn't get in the water. (Still recovering from baby.) I loved watching everyone play on the beach and I did walk knee-high into the water with my nephews - I couldn't resist! We played volleyball on the beach. It felt amazing to be able to move again without a big belly in my way. With that being said, I was SLOW and could not jump to save my life!


 Daddy and Evy snoozing under a giant umbrella. 
 Entire family! We were so happy to have Brad with us! He is typically busy at the hospital and he is always missed! Love him! 

 Mom, Dad and siblings!

Before heading back to Utah, Brett and I stopped to visit Uncle Dick & Auntie Marilyn and Auntie Cathy (Brett's aunts and uncle). We had a lovely time chatting with them and hated to leave, but we had to hit the road!

Brett had to get back to school and I had originally planned to stick around for another week to attend the Herd Family Reunion, but when the time came, I decided to pack up and head back to Denver with Brett. We'd had so much fun, but I was ready to be home with my little family and enjoy snuggling in comfort with my sweet girl. And with how quickly she was already changing, I didn't want Brett to miss watching his tiny girl grow. 


No comments: