Sunday, January 27, 2013

1st Month

After being on the road for several weeks, taking care of a baby in the comforts of our own home felt like a breeze! I soaked up every moment and rarely put the little rugrat down. Our apartment was a disaster, I never cooked dinner and I was blissfully happy! 

Shortly after our arrival home we had a back-to-school dental BBQ. It was fun to show off our newest accessory! 


 Three of Brett's classmates (one not pictured) had also had babies in the recent weeks. It will be so fun to watch these little cuties grow together!


 Our little fam!


At Evy's one month pediatric appointment I was discussing her recent eating habits (fussing after eating) and the doctor voiced possible concerns about acid reflux. She gave me a few recommendations, which I followed, but it wasn't until I really thought about what I was eating that I discovered the potential problem. All I had eaten that week was ice cream and chocolate chip cookies - because they were easy to grab. Ooops! I cleaned up my diet a bit and the problems seemed to go away! Poor baby! She has been an absolute angel since! Sure she had the typical newborn fussiness at night and one night the crying lasted 3 hours (Daddy rocked her the entire time), but aside from that she has been such a pleasant baby.

 I discovered early-on that if she was crying I could hold her hand she would stop. Right around the one-month mark Evy became so aware and curious about her surroundings. Other babies her age still seemed so sleepy, but she didn't want anything to do with that! Lots of smiles, but they don't seem to be intentional yet. Still looks just like Daddy! Long eyelashes already. Calico hair - brown, blonde and red!






 Sweet, sleepy smiles - melt my heart!

No comments: