Tuesday, January 19, 2010

UVU Nursing Pinning Ceremony

For those of you who don't know, I graduated this semester with a degree in nursing. Right now I am studying for the NCLEX and feeling completely TERRIFIED that maybe I didn't learn anything in nursing school after all! Wish me LUCK!

On a happier note, on December 18, 2009, UVU held a nursing pinning ceremony. This is a traditional ceremony in which the newly graduated nurses take the Nightingale Pledge and are then pinned by a Registered Nurse of their choice. I was privileged to have my own cute Mom pin me, as she is an RN.

I thought the ceremony went really well. Although our advisor, Dena Walker, did most of the work, I had the opportunity of helping to plan the event. In addition, my friend, Lora, and I performed the song "For Good" from the musical Wicked. I don't know how well we actually did, but the song alone is very meaningful. There were a number of wonderful speakers and another musical number - a parody of "Grow Old With You" from The Wedding Singer, called "Wanna Be a Nurse for You". It was a great way to celebrate two years of hard work. I will sure miss my classmates! We were a very close group! LOVE YOU GUYS!!


We were asked to turn in a bio for the program - here is mine:
Alexis Aegerter Johnson was born and raised in Utah. She enjoys playing volleyball, singing, and spending time with her family and friends. While attending Utah Valley University she was on the Dean’s List and is currently a member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society. Upon acceptance to nursing school, she received the Central Utah Clinic Scholarship. As Vice President of the UVU Student Nurses’ Association, Alexis had the opportunity to be involved in many service and professional activities.

After graduation Alexis will seek employment and hopes to further her skills in the areas of intermediate critical care and labor and delivery. Following several years of work experience, she plans to pursue a Master of Science in Nursing.

Alexis would like to thank her family and friends for their never-ending love and encouragement!

(More pictures to come)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Congratulations, what an awesome accomplishment! Yay for Lexi!

Stevenson Family said...

That was awesome! We're so proud of you!