Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Arizona for Turkey Day!

We met up with the Aegerter side for Thanksgiving in Arizona. Woohoo! John and Jamie moved to Arizona in August and offered to host Thanksgiving so we could enjoy a little fun in the sun. 

Brooke and I, along with our babies, arrived a few days before the rest of the family. One night Brooke, John, Jamie and I stayed up until the early morning hours playing Mario Bros on the Wii. We laughed so hard telling stories about when we were kids. 

Most of our days were spent swimming and chatting. One day we walked around an outdoor shopping center and came across a Santa village. We let all of the kids sit on Santa's lap. I wasn't sure how Evy would react to a bearded stranger, but she LOVED him. She smiled and played with his puffy, white beard and soft, furry suit. It was so adorable. Unfortunately, they wouldn't allow us to take our own pictures and I wasn't going to pay $40 dollars for a picture package! 



Cute Noah gobbling his Thanksgiving feast! This baby is a TANK!


Fresh squeezed lemonade. We picked the lemons that morning. So yummy!

Evy snuggling with her Aunt Brookie! I can't even count the number of times I did this with Brooke's babies. It's so fun to watch her be an aunt to my little one.

We celebrated Luke's 5th BIRTHDAY!

Any time you're with John it's guaranteed FUN! He arranged for Brooke and her two older boys to go to a basketball game. Luke ended up opting out so Benton went in his place. After they left I think Luke realized what he had was missing out on and said, "But those are the people I usually play with."

 Sleepy baby with Aunt Jamie
 Evy with her cousins Graham and Noah
 Hollywood baby!
 Evy loved the water. I was afraid it might be too cold, but she just kicked around and watched her cousins play.
 This girl sure loves her Daddy!
All tuckered out after a day of swimming
 Uncle John with baby Evs
 We bought Evy this fun little floaty! She loved it. I'm sure it'll get a lot of use next summer. 

 Uncle John rented jet skis one afternoon and we had a blast playing at the beach and in the lake. At this point I was still paranoid about having Evy out of my sight, but my family convinced me to take a ride with Brett and it was so much fun!

 Evy lovin' Aunt Jamie!
 Grandma and Grandpa with all of their grandchildren.

Christmas light at Mesa Temple. It was so enjoyable to look at the light without layers and layers of coats, hats, and gloves. 

 Brooke with her four adorable baby boys! She's such a sweet mommy!
 Our family in front of the temple.
Peek-a-boo!

As always Thanksgiving left us with grateful tummies and grateful hearts!

1 comment:

Steve and Nicole said...

baby evy!!! I love these all so much. Bring the blog back Lexi!!! You have too much talent not to :)