Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Utah

We spent a week in Utah relaxing and visiting friends and family. We took Evy to Uncle Ben's soccer game. It was a beautiful day...until suddenly it started to rain. Luckily, being the over-prepared parents we were, we had blankets, umbrellas, jackets - you name it. We had it! On the way home from the game we stopped by my mom's workplace to introduce Evy there are to have my blood drawn to monitor my INR. (For the first 3 weeks after Evy was born we were checking my INR every 3-5 days and then weekly thereafter.)

Our sis-in-law, Linds, had brought her four kiddos to visit family in Utah so we met up with them at Gateway in SLC. We were so excited to show off our little Evy and to see our Alaska family. I always looking forward to seeing Linds. She was my best friend in Alaska! We couldn't wait to see our nieces and nephews either - we were used to seeing them every day in Alaska - a year without seeing them was way too long. Later we met up with them again at a park when Uncle Haakon joined his family for the visit.

 The kids were SO sweet with her!


Lauren wanted to hold Evy at every stop. If I am remembering correctly, Evy opened her eyes to get a little peek at who was holding her and may have even given a sleepy smile. Lauren was very excited.



When Evy was two weeks old we took her to the swimming pool! Unfortunately her umbilical cord had not yet fallen off (it fell of the next day) so she couldn't get in the water. So Mommy and Evy sat poolside and watched Daddy and Uncle Ben play! 


 Aunt Linds gave us the swimsuit Evy is wearing. So stinkin' cute!


We also attended Jackson Cook's baptism while we were in Utah. Can't believe how grown up all of my Cook kids are! The Cooks are a family I used to babysit for from the age of 10-17. They lived across the street from my parents' home in Layton. Their mom calls me her kids' "surrogate mother." When the oldest, Kaitlin, who is now 18, took Evy from me I was amazed at how relaxed I felt.  At times, depending on who was holding Evy, I would get a bit nervous. I never wanted to let her out of my sight, but even when Kaitlin was holding Evy during the baptism and she started fussing during the closing prayer, I knew Kaitlin knew what to do. She took her to the back to snuggle and bounce her. I suppose it's because I had a small part in raising Kaitlin and I know what a great older sister she is to her siblings.

We watched lots of Olympic events on TV while we snuggled as a new little family!

No comments: