Saturday, July 10, 2010

FLATTOP

On July 5th, Brett and I woke up early and hiked Flattop Trail near our house. It was a lot of fun. I was SO tired...and then I remembered that my little nieces had done this hike and I do HAVE some PRIDE - well, at least I did until an old man RAN past me on the trail. HE RAN THE ENTIRE TRAIL! Why are some people so awesome!? Haha!


On the top it was SOOOO windy! I honestly thought I might get carried off of the mountain a few times and I had to curl up into a little ball to keep from taking flight.


Brett is normally more of the nature lover. We'll be driving and he'll point out something and mention how beautiful it is - but when I saw this I was amazed! When I was young I always had this fantasy of sitting and jumping from cloud to cloud - this was close enough! :)


Great way to begin a week!
Both Brett and I started new jobs the following day.

5 comments:

Ken and Jan said...

It's beautiful! I wish we were there! Good luck with the new job, you'll do great!

Ice-Cold Goat's Milk said...

I love how Alaska has not been polluted yet. Those skies are amazing.

Mike and Melissa said...

So did you get a nursing job? Congrats you guys! Enjoy Alaska, it looks fun!

Justin and Lindsey Neumann said...

Wow! That view looks incredible. Old man or not I'm impressed because that looks like it would be a long hike.

Richard and Carlie said...

So pretty Lex! How long will you guys be there??