Wednesday, July 28, 2010

BACKPACKING

Brett and Haakon seem to be on a mission to make me less of a "city girl" and get me into some outdoor hobbies! I'm absolutely open to it! I was alway a bit of a tom-boy as a kid and I really enjoying trying new things and being active. (As long as it's not structured exercise! haha!)

This past weekend, we packed our tent, sleeping bags, water purifier, food, etc and headed into the great outdoors on a one night backpacking trip!

I think the best part of the whole getaway was how excited Brett and Haakon were to have me experience each new phase of the trip! It made me that much more excited!


It's difficult to see but there is a GIANT bull moose behind us! I was pretty terrified!

Halfway there!

We set up camp and started cooking out Mountain House meals. Don't let my smile fool you -- I was freezing!! Here I am roasting my hands between the hot bags of food!
YUMMY!

That night it RAINED and RAINED and the wind BLEW and BLEW! Our tent was so light that it would occasionally cave in on us when the wind really picked up and then pop right back up! HAHA! I thought it was pretty funny! Both Haakon and I had the giggles that night! He was WIRED! It was so funny!

Right outside of our tent in the morning.

To give you an idea of how cold it was at times...YES, that IS snow!

On the way out, just remind us of who is boss, a bear left some nice,
FRESH poop for us to find on the trail!

2 comments:

Ken and Jan said...

Looks like so much fun! We haven't been camping at all this year and it has been sad :(!

Richard and Carlie said...

Wow! You are so brave! What a champ! I don't think I could hack that... :)