Sunday, August 9, 2009

FAIR TIME!

Today was another fun Saturday! Last year, while Brett and I were visiting Alaska, we went to the Tanana Valley Fair and I've been excited all year to go again. We had a great time today. We shopped at the booths, ate delicious food, watched a few bands and dance groups perform and watched a hypnotist show!



Giant slushie!
Mr. and Mrs. Farmer Brett
Horses
RUDOLPH!! Haha!
We tried on hats and I looked a bit like one of Santa's helpers in this one! We decided not to buy the "elf hat"
Mmmm... we ate WAY too much!
One of the cute little dancing groups!
These little girls in the audience would watch and mimic all of the performers' moves! SO ADORABLE
Toupee in a cage?!
We also went to the ICE MUSEUM!! I wanted to check it out before we leave! It was really cool!
Polar Bear kisses!
Snow machine!
Brett, 500 pounds heavier!
Totem pole
Walrus, naturally!
Only one more week in Fairbanks! :( We're sad to go, but excited to see everyone in Utah!

7 comments:

Angel said...

Man, you have been able to do so many fun things this summer! I'm glad you enjoyed it up in Alaska!!

Aegerter said...

Are you really coming to Utah? You are having way too much fun every weekend. I like the ice sculptures.

Jan said...

Looks like you are having a ton of fun this summer! I wish we were in Alaska!!!

Holly said...

I love fair food! And once again you've done another Alaska thing I haven't, I really should get on the ball about these things.

Stevenson Family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! We need to tlak and see if you guys can get home ASAP and maybe we'll stop and see you on our way home. We leave for Cali this weekend!!! HOORAY! Wish you guys were going to be there.`

Mike and Melissa said...

Wow, it does look like you guys have had a blast in Alaska! Too bad you have to come back to Utah and endure one more semester of nursing...Can't wait to see you again!

Ken and Jan said...

This is Jan's husband... Everytime I look at your blog I kick myself for not being in Alaska. I am so incredibly jealous. I need to take Jan there. Hands down, its my favorite place in the world!