Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to Reality!

WOW, I think this is the longest I have gone without posting since I began our blog about a year ago. Here's a quick update.
-Before heading home to Utah we spent a few days with Brett's family in Palmer and Anchorage. It was great to spend some time with them before we left. We realized before we left that it's likely we won't see them for a year or longer... sad! :( We miss all of our cute nieces and nephews! They are adorable!! I wish I could hold sweet baby Saul! I tried my best to NEVER put him down while we were visiting! :)
-We made the LONG journey back to Utah. We took a little time to check out some fun places along the way in Canada - Liard Hot Spring, Jasper Nat'l Park, Lake Louise, and Banff. We surprised my family and arrived home earlier than they had expected!
-My sister is pregnant. Baby #3 due in January. She looks amazing!! We had a great time hanging out with the Stevensons and the rest of the family when we returned home.
-My little brother, Clark, gets home from his mission in a little over a week! I am so excited - I think I might BURST!!!
-School has begun... :( Nooooo!!!! Where did the summer go?


Brett feeding the horses with Saraya and Midge

Liard Hot Springs

Jasper Nat'l Park

Lake Louise - this lake is glacier fed and I can't even describel how beautiful and perfectly blue it is!



How I felt about 30 hours into the drive! Brett probably felt worse seeing as he drove 90% of the time! What a trooper!

It feels great to be HOME, SWEET HOME!!

7 comments:

Richard and Carlie said...

What a fun adventurous summer you guys have had! I bet it's nice being back at home and settled in again. Good luck with school!

momhirt said...

back to real life! i'm glad you had such a good alaskan summer. we love you guys.

Holly said...

Glad you guys made it back home safely! Good luck with this new semester:)

Steph said...

Oh I could not imagine driving that long, holy cow!! What BEAUTIFUL places though, I can't even believe it, so pretty!!

Chelsea said...

Those are the prettiest pictures of the lake! Happy to hear you are home safe! :-)

Unknown said...

Welcome back to Utah!! What a horrible drive,but it looks like you saw some BeaUtIfuL places on the way! Doesn't it stink that vacations have to end?!

Jan said...

I'm glad you're back! But it sucks that we're back in school... oh well!