Tuesday, September 11, 2012

39 Weeks and Baby Evy's Nursery!

I met with my OBGYN at 39 weeks and I was dilated to 1cm and 60% effaced. We decided to ahead with a planned induction on July 18th. We weighed the risks and benefits and decided it would be best for both Evy and me - because of the blood clotting disorder - to get little Evs here safe and sound!

Dr. Honey Onstad


 Memories of 3rd Trimester:
- Difficulty sleeping because I couldn't get comfortable. I had pillows surrounding me at night!
- Evy would jump when she heard loud noises like the sound of the deadbolt locking on the door or the drain stopper in the bathtub closing.
- Constant excitement! I often found myself day dreaming about what life would be like with my baby and I would start crying because I was SO happy I was about to be a mommy!
- Always wondering what Evy would look like. From ultrasounds she looked like Brett.
-Nesting: constantly cleaning and reorganizing. I loved looking through Evy's clothes over and over again.
-Throughout the day I would do kick counts to make sure Evy was moving. Brett and I loved watching her move at night. We would sit in bed and watch my belly roll! She almost kicked a sandwich off of my belly. I called her Thumper because she would rapidly kick with one of her legs.
- I realized I couldn't use the cravings excuse much longer so the last week I was pregnant we ate a food I craved each day - Olive Garden breadsticks, Cafe Rio, Chili's molten cake, Sonic limeade, etc.



We finished Evy's nursery just in time!  I love how it turned out. So bright and cheerful! Typically I stay with fairly neutral colors when decorating, but in Ev's room I went wild with color!

Same Jesus picture I had in my room as a kid
I saw something similar on Pinterest, but wasn't sure how to hang the balls.
I showed Brett a picture and he made it happen.

One of the sewing projects I completed with help from my mom.
The elephant is named Edwin.
Found frames at Good Will and painted them crazy colors.
Adhered elephant fabric cut-out to canvas.
Do these flags look familiar? They were part of the decor at my friend baby shower. We purchased the changing table on Craigslist and painted it white to match crib.
The inspiration for the entire room was this beautiful quilt a family
friend, Karen Binkley, gave us when we were married.

No comments: