Monday, October 31, 2011

Saturday Bike Ride


The boys had all volunteered for various service activities so the ladies were again forced to spend an enjoyable Saturday afternoon together. We decided to go on a bike ride. The plan was to leave at 10:30am - we then ran across a few minor mechanical issues and didn't end up leaving until 11:30am. The impressive part is we took care of all of the "mechanical issues" without help from our husbands - proud day! I changed out the seat on my bike to a nice, WIDE, cushioned one. Awwwww. I love it! What a difference. Bike seats are not made for people with big butts!

We rode around on a nearby path. Stopped at Subway to pick up lunch and then ate at a park while Kayden got some energy out at the play ground. I was keeping an eye on him when I noticed he had stopped dead in his tracks and was staring into the distance. I looked in the direction he was staring and noticed a group of kids playing in a pile of leaves. I couldn't let him miss out on this fun opportunity so I picked him up and we ran over to the kids and asked if we could join them...





He may look like he's crying, but I assure you he was laughing and loving every second. It was so stinkin' fun!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Love all the updates Lexi, thanks for posting! It makes me really happy to hear that you guys have made such good friends there, I hope we'll have the same experience in med school when we get there. Colorado looks beautiful, it's always been on my short list of places I'd like to live. Happy Birthday you gorgeous girl!