Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nauvoo

We were able to visit the Stevenson's new home in Springfield before heading back to Utah. It's going to be BEAUTIFUL! Brooke has a natural knack for decorating and Brad is quite the handyman! It was so hard to leave knowing I wouldn't see them for a while. I doubt they'll be making a trip up to Alaska anytime soon.

Along the drive home we took a short detour to Nauvoo for a couple of days. I have never been and it was really an interesting experience for me both historically and spiritually. I have had a pretty easy life and have been blessed with so many things - I can't even imagine facing the trials that Joseph Smith and many of the early saints had to endure.

Nauvoo Temple


Carthage Jail

I'm not usually one to broadcast spiritual experiences or thoughts. I feel they are sacred and are to be shared, if at all, with close friends and family, but we did recently have a lesson on missionary work and the responsibility we have as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to share our testimonies. I feel that equally or even more importantly we should LIVE our testimonies. This has made me reflect on my life and those things which are most important to me, namely my husband, my family and friends, my relationship with my Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ, the Atonement, and the knowledge I have that I am a daughter of God and that families are ETERNAL. I've set a goal to better LIVE my testimony and to be sensitive to promptings to share my testimony at appropriate times with others!


No comments: