Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Year 2010!

Our New Year wasn't terribly exciting, but compared to last year, which was just terrible, it was great! Last year I was vomiting my guts out. I wanted to DIE! This year was spent with family and friends in perfect health! :)

We went to visit my sister, bro-in-law, and their kids to say good-bye. They had been visiting for the past 2 months and it was time for them to head back to St. Louis. DARN IT! My entire family ended up joining us, so we ate and talked for a while and then Brett and I decided to head back to Utah County before it was too late and the roads were full of drunk drivers. We brought in the NEW YEAR with our friends Travis and Sarah. We played games and talked until 3am! We always have a great time with them. :)

With the new year always comes new resolutions...
Here are a few of mine:
1. Get back to my pre-marriage weight! I've packed on a solid 20lbs! HAHA! This is one of Brett's resolutions as well. By that I mean him losing weight, not me!
2. Run a 5K - I know this is silly to you runners out there, but this will be a challenge for me.
3. Get better at reading scriptures and saying prayers
4. Be a better wife in all respects!
5. GET A JOB!

I'm sure you all have some of your own, so here goes nothin'!! :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Good-bye 2009! Welcome 2010!

6 comments:

Lindsay JJ said...

Yay Lex! Lots of great posts! I feel like I have finally gotten up to speed on your lives. We have missed your faithful blogging. I guess maybe that is how you are feeling about me too??? Congrats on graduating and I hope that you achieve all of your goals this year. p.s. I really liked reading your bio. You are a great gal! We are glad you are ours!
p.s.s. I can't believe how grown your little nephews are! holy moly!

Angel said...

You sure have had a lot of fun things going on lately! Congrats on graduating!!! I'm positive you will pass NCLEX so don't stress too much. I'm starting my last semester so I'll be in your position here in a few months....Yay for your 1 year anniversary too! p.s. I love that song, its one of my favorites!

Casseron said...

You can run a 5k!! I believe in you! You should come down to st george and run one with me!!

Kiley said...

Finally some great updates! Looks like you had a wonderful holiday season. I ran into Clark today. He is so huge! Like a man. What the heck? I really don't think I have seen him for like 10 years. What a cutie though. I am surprised he recognized me!

zac, kami & zion said...

Lex! I'm glad you finally blogged again! It sounds like the last couple months have been so much fun! I miss you!

Somerset said...

Hey Lex! I too have the goal to run a 5K this year...but, I'm starting by Ralking them {aka run/walking}. The first one on the list is the "When Hale Freezes Over" 5K. It's to raise money for the new Hale Theater. Anyway, search it on Google and if you decide to attack it, let me know and we can meet up there. It's a week from this Saturday on the 30th. TTYL