Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

"This month is such a special one it's Birthday time for YOU!!"

Today is my Daddy's birthday! I love and respect him so much. He is a wonderful Dad and friend! He has always been one of my favorite people to sit and talk to. I respect and honor his opinion, probably to a fault, because NO ONE in this world knows more than he does, according to his little girl!

I have many fond memories involving him. Some of my favorite were when I was little and he would play the piano for me while I sang "Castle on a Cloud" and many other songs. We often performed "A Child's Prayer" for church functions and even now when I hear that song I think about him and how it felt to hear his voice so honestly singing to me, "Pray he is there...speak he is listening".

My favorite Disney movie is "Mulan" because she makes her Daddy proud and that's something I have always tried my best to do!

When I got married it was hard for me think that some other man would be responsible for "taking care of me". And although Brett does that, VERY WELL, I still seek my Dad's opinion and sometimes consider it above Brett's! Haha! Big shoes to fill, literally! ;)

At my wedding we danced to "Love of my Life" - Carly Simon
Although my sweet little mom used to think that when my Dad played that song it was about her, the song is actually a parent talking about a child. :)



I have so much more to say, but I'm not sure how, so simply - I love you, DADDY!
Happy Birthday, OLD MAN!!! ;)

4 comments:

Aegerter said...

Thanks for bringing tears to my eyes so early in the morning. I am so lucky to have you as a daughter and Brett as a son-in-law. I love you.

Dad

Lindsay JJ said...

I hope that our children love their dad like you love yours! You are lucky to have such a great relationship with your pops! Brett does have some big shoes to fill.

Chris said...

Hope he has just a wonderful day!

Stevenson Family said...

Cute post, Al! For the record that song you danced to is mine and Dad's song. I was kind enough to let you borrow it for the evening. Love you!!