Monday, March 16, 2009

Aunt Sue

Our Aunt Sue has been living with us for a few weeks. She is terminally ill with cancer and was unable to take care of herself at home. It's been fun getting to know her a little better. She still has a great sense of humor, even though she is not often feeling well. Hospice (Vista Care) comes in a few times a week to bathe and check on her. Many of the nurses working for Vista Care actually worked with my Mom in the GI Lab in Layton. It's been a great blessing on both ends. We trust them completely and they know that with my mom being a nurse they are able to trust her judgment and ability to give Aunt Sue care. My mom and I took her on a walk a few days ago. She was getting IV fluids and we didn't have a pole to hang the bag on, so we used a hot dog roasting stick. :)

Hospice Nurses and some of my mom's best friends! :)

Our IV pole
Aunt Sue

Mom and Aunt Sue on our walk

7 comments:

Mike and Melissa said...

Oh how cute. That gives me goosebumps hearing about nurses and their special care towards others such as your Aunt Sue. It makes me so excited to be one some day.

Kimberly King said...

I think I know one of those ladies in that top picture!! She was in my ward before they split it. I wasn't in there very long before they split, but I think her name was Marilyn... with the shoulder-length blonde hair... Teaches dance... is that her?!?! What a small world...
What a sweet little old lady!!

Chris said...

You will remember this stuff for the rest of your life. It will make you a better person/nurse. The two are difficult to seperate. Your mom is amazing, you already know that! Love Ya!

Brett and Lex said...

Yeah, Kim, that is Marilyn. She is one of my mom's best friends!
Thanks, Chris. My mom is amazing! :)

Ice-Cold Goat's Milk said...

Are those the nurses that worked with Dr. Hutson? If so, I'm going to show him the picture! Way to take care of Aunt Sue.

Tiff and Chris said...

I remember when I lived in Layton, your Aunt lived pretty close by...such an intelligent, witty lady! How awesome to be able to spend time with her.

Stevenson Family said...

That's certainly the best IV holder I've ever seen. You're doing a great job helping Mom with Aunt Sue. You're all amazing!!