Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I'll ask ya" - Alyeska

On August 11th Brett and I went up to Alyeska Ski Resort to "look around". We went on a tram ride up the mountain. We had glaciers, the ocean, and beautiful mountain ranges all around and Brett got down on his knee and asked if I'd marry him. I had rehearsed clever things to say in my head such as "I'm going to have to think about it" or ".........umm I have something to tell you" but when it came down to it all I did was scream and say "YES!". We then went to Seven Glaciers, a restaurant on top of the mountain. After dinner we called each of our family members. My poor sister had to call us back the next day to ask if we had actually called the night before because it was 1am in Missouri. She still managed to work up some excitement! We plan to get married on December 6th - the week before finals! Wish us luck!

No comments: